(( The prompt for the past week was to write a story that takes place on another planet. Azeroth is another planet, and bonus points because they’re actually in Outland right now. I wrote Aeramin’s notes for this prompt because it totally counts. ))
- We’re in Shattrath for a week. It’s been over a year since the school’s last trip here. Hethurin said it was because he didn’t want to travel with Narise being so small. I think it could be worse now because she can crawl around and likes to put everything in her mouth, but what do I know…
- I am glad he’s finally decided to start the trips here again. I don’t want to sound like I’m not. The library here is much more extensive than the library at the school, even if he is constantly adding books to it. It greatly benefits the students to be able to come to a real actual library so that they can look at books that he doesn’t have.
- He told me that the rooms in the upper part of the library will be available for us to teach in. Hah… No thanks. I never want to go into one of those rooms again. I’ll be teaching the fire classes outside, thank you. I’ll have to go up to put a note on the door of the room he reserved for us so that the students know to find me outside, but that’s it. I am NOT sticking around to hang out up there.
- He’s also rented almost every room at the inn. Luckily, I didn’t need one. I was renting out the house here, but it’s currently not occupied, so Imralion and I are staying there. I asked Im to come with me, and promised him a portal to Silvermoon everyday so he can go wear his shiny armor in the city. He agreed to come. It’s good to spend time with him here in the place where we met.
- I went to the market and bought a bunch of the spicy vegetables he likes. I’ll make him a special meal later this week.
- I also gave the two newest students a bit of gold to spend at the market here. They’re adjusting well to the school and everything, I think. Neither of them want the other students to know where they’re from, and I can’t fault them for that. I’m open about where I’m from and what I used to do, but they’re at the age where things like that can affect who wants to be friends with them and stuff like that. It’s true, there’s a lot of students from well-off families at the school, but I don’t think they realize not all of them are. I’ve been making sure to take a little extra time to talk to them, and I think they know that if they need to talk, I’m here for them.
- Speaking of talks, I finally had one with Im, and I think it wound up being good. It was at the spring ball, which probably wasn’t the best place. If things hadn’t went so well, it would have been the worst ball ever. Luckily, things did go well. I think he understands a little better what I’ve been going through, and I think I’m ready to stop blaming myself for some things and start forgiving myself for others.
- For the first time in a long time, I feel like things are going to be okay.