Hi. I understand your training is important. At least you’ll have the time off later.
Will you be at the forges much longer or will you be returning there again in the future? Kestrae and I wish to research them a bit further, and thought that perhaps your captain, you and the other trainees could provide us with protection to go see them.
There really should be a lot of frogs in the swamp. When will you be back? I’d love to go there with you. I’ll make sure I bring the stuff to cook them right, although they were quite good roasted too. My mother never made them like that. I didn’t know how good they would be before we tried it.
I’ll ask around and see if there’s a safe place to swim in Zangarmarsh. I’ve heard it’s not crocolisks, but eels and hydras and other elf-eating fish in the water. I heard there’s an inactive portal there too. That might be interesting to see.
I didn’t mean to surprise or startle you. I will admit that part of the reason I started talking to you is that I do find you attractive. I also had to save you from eating those nasty vegetables. I don’t recall seeing anyone who’s actually liked them. I wind up talking to a lot of people who way as that outdoor restaurant is practically on my doorstep. I’m glad we were able to talk more and meet at the library, and I was happy to be able to share what I know with you. I would have done that whether I found you attractive or not. I like to keep myself busy, at least I have recently, and I have met with other people in the library to help them without thinking anything else about it. Of course, with you, it meant more that you allowed me to help you.
I’ve been getting more calligraphy work. I’ve also stumbled into some problems of needing to find some rare books for my research. I have a feeling that will keep me busy for a bit, along with my practice and usual studies.
I will have time to go to the marsh though. Just let me know when.
I have to admit, I’m not very good at writing these types of letters either. My feelings for you have not changed, but I have had time to think. Sometimes loving someone doesn’t mean you’re meant to be together. Sometimes it means knowing when to let someone go. It’s been weeks since we’ve seen each other, months since we’ve last kissed. You and I both deserve to be happy, but I don’t think you can be very happy with me as I feel you still blame me for not getting to you fast enough, though I’ve explained my side on that and won’t go into it now. I haven’t been happy for a while either.
I cried when they silenced you and took you away from me again. I cried when Isandri told me some of the things that were going on at the farm. I cried when I brought you back to Outland and you wouldn’t let me hug you. I cried when you came back to Shattrath and pushed a chair against the bedroom door while I slept on the couch. I cried all day the day you left. I’ve cried a lot since then too. I don’t think it sounds like I’m very happy at all.
I want you to be happy. You have a new home now. I’m sure it’s lovely. Maybe we can still be friends, and I can see it someday. I’d love to be able to come for dinner and meet your apprentice and butler eventually. For now, I think it’s best if we don’t try to see each other for a bit.
I want to be happy too. I don’t think I can be if I’m holding on to hope that you’ll return and be your old self. I’m keeping the place in Shattrath. I’ve changed the wards again. If you want to visit, you’ll have to knock. Work had slowed down for a little bit, but I just got another big order for invitations, so I’m fine for this month. I have another appointment to meet with a potential customer in a few days, so hopefully, I’ll be fine for next month too.
I love you. I hope none of this hurts you too much. I know it hurts. It hurts to write it, but I think we’ll both wind up being happier in the end.
- Kes showed me the plateau they’ve been talking about. I asked what the plan was. She said he didn’t really say. She thinks he means to bind one of the big ones, but wasn’t completely sure.
- I guess I don’t have much to tell him about the book yet. If we’re going to be all in on this together, then he needs to start talking first.
- Honestly, I really don’t have much on the book yet. All we know is that it might aid our research, but I need to find some other books first. I have found reference to books that may contain the information I need. I have no idea where to start looking for them. I asked at the library, but they don’t have the ones I’m looking for. They’re apparently very rare. I’m going to keep looking though.
- I finished my copy of the book. I just need to get Raleth’s final copy to him now. I haven’t seen him in a while. I hope everything’s fine with him and Lali.
- I was visiting Isandri the other night. I didn’t tell her about Imralion, but we talked about Sanimir and Theronil for a bit. Then Theronil came home while I was there. He gave me one of those looks, like I shouldn’t be there. So I grabbed a plate of cookies and left. I hope they’ve worked things out.
- I made a decision. I’ve been miserable. I’ve come to realize that no matter how much I love Sanimir, he may not be the right one for me. Maybe we can be friends again after the hurt has passed. Maybe not.
- I guess that’s really up to him and whether or not he can ever see that I’m not responsible for what happened to him. Sending that letter is one of the hardest things I’ve had to do.
- I can see Imralion now without feeling guilty, well almost. It is sort of soon. I’d really like to take it slow again, but he’ll only be here a few months, so I don’t know what to do. If I take it too slow and we’re just friends when he leaves, then that will be it. We’ll never be anything else.
- I’d like to be more, but then there’s no way of knowing ahead of time if he’s right for me either.
- Maybe no one’s right for me.
- I’ve started rearranging things in the bedroom. The rule not to summon at home was made to keep Sanimir safe. He’s not here anymore. I’m the only one in my home. If that changes in the future then I can go back to the no summoning rule, but for now, there’s no reason.
- I’m nervous going to Shadowmoon to practice now. Yappy says it’s looking for me.