- Aeramin is really sad all of the time. His birthday is tomorrow. I’ve tried to make jokes and make him smile. He just looks at me like I’m weird.
- My father is coming to see us tonight. Maybe if my father can take the cast off, Aeramin will smile.
- He still won’t say what kind of meal he wants for his birthday. I ask him and he says he doesn’t know or he’s still thinking about it. Kes was going to help me with it, but I think maybe it’s a better idea to just take him to the Vale and eat there. I know they have pie there too.
- I know part of the reason he’s upset is that the burn on his face is going to scar. It’s healing really well though, and it looks a lot better than it did. He says things like he’s ugly now and that he’s seen it in the mirror. Nothing I say helps. I tell him he’s still handsome and he says I’m just saying that.
- It doesn’t matter the way he looks. I want him to understand that, but I don’t think telling him that would be a good idea. He’ll just take it as confirmation that he’s ugly now. He’s not, and I don’t want him to think that. I don’t know what to do.
- The other reason he’s upset is his mother is very sick. I went to see her again today during a break between my portal appointments in the afternoon. The priestess at the place said she’s been very moody lately. I guess I know where Aeramin gets it. She was happy while I was there, even if she didn’t remember who I was. She has trouble standing sometimes, and she sat in bed most of the time I was there.
- I wrote to Aranae at the address of her friend. I still don’t know why she wants to see me, but I told her I could meet her in Silvermoon during the evening sometime.
- My father will be here for supper tonight. I think I’ll take him to the lounge to eat and bring back something for Aeramin. In his note, he told me that mother thinks he’s shopping for Winter Veil.
- I’ve really been trying to cook, but Aeramin is never happy with it. Maybe it’s just that he’s never happy right now.