I’m sorry for writing this like this to you, but we can’t see each other anymore. Know that every moment we shared will always be special to me. I love you and I still do. I love you, but I have to let you go for your own safety.
I don’t want to see you anymore. I hate you and I never cared for you. You’re driving me nuts. Don’t write and don’t look for me.
There’s no easy way to say this and I’m horrible for putting it in a letter but, I’m not a good person and you deserve someone so much more better than me. I don’t want you to come looking for me. It’s dangerous, and I want no harm to come to you. Please stay away from me. This is for your own good. I’ll come get my stuff out of the apartment in a few days and leave Muffins with either Isandri or Xyliah or whoever I can find at the moment.
- I wrote the letter.
- He’ll only be safe away from me. I tried to make that clear without going into detail. I don’t know who else will read it.
- I started out way too honest so I crossed that off and started again. He would have come running here if he got that.
- Then I had to cross off the second try. It was untrue and too cruel. While it would have worked to keep him away, it would have hurt him far too much.
- The third try will hurt, but I think not too much and I emphasized my point.
- I practiced earlier. I’m getting much better at the new spells. I think Kes was off practicing with her imp Wilksillins or whatever it’s name is. It’s a ridiculous name.
- She might have been in the library or something too. Xanaroth thought she ran off with Sath somewhere.
- I know that didn’t happen.
- I’ve been reading a lot about the imp spell too. I found another book with it. They’re both old books, but the second one gives a list of precautions to take. I’m more and more interested in trying it.
- I already can summon two imps. Why not more?
- I finished a few more invitations earlier for my work too. I’m running a little ahead of schedule on them.
- I took the feathers for the bounty on the bad bird men. The pay is okay. I guess I’ll practice on them. They didn’t ask about the singed feathers, so I guess they don’t care how.
- I bought cupcakes before going back to the inn. Real cupcakes. I ate them in front of Xanaroth. They were good.
- I keep telling myself the pain will go away. The pain will go away. I try to be happy knowing he’s safe from anything I do.
- He’s safe.